Wretham Hall, one mile from East Wretham Airfield USAAF Station Number 133, six miles NE of Thetford. Courtesy of J. McAlister: Archived by Char Baldridge, Historian, 359th Fighter Group Association
East Wretham and its various hangars and buildings as well as Wretham Hall officially transferred to United States forces in July 1943 with the 359th Fighter Group and the 85th Service Group, comprised of the 1833rd Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, 1065th Quartermaster Company, 49th Station Complement Squadron, 395th Service Squardon, and the 1101st Signal Company, arriving on October 19, 1943. East Wretham was assigned USAAF designation Station 133.
"We Take Over" from the photo archives of Howard Fogg